For more information contact:
Gloria Macias- 979-540-2988 or
Cathy Raiford- 979-540-3001
Assistance is dependent upon CCA having available funds.
The Comprehensive Energy Assistance Program (CEAP) is a utility assistance program. CEAP is designed to assist low income households in meeting energy needs, and to encourage consumers to control energy through energy education.
There are two components to CEAP:
Crisis Assistance: Crisis Assistance Component: Aids with utility bills when households have lost service or are in danger of losing service and meet one of three conditions which include:
- Extreme Weather Conditions. Extreme Weather Conditions are only applicable during the Summer months of June, July, August and September and Winter months of November, December, January and February.
- President or Governor declared disaster or
- Life-Threatening crisis.
Utility Assistance: Provides eligible individuals and households with utility assistance.
The eligibility requirements are as follows:
- Must be a resident of Bastrop, Fayette, Fort Bend, Lee, Colorado or Austin County
- Must meet the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Income Guidelines for the current year.
- Must show proof of identity for all household members – current/valid Texas Driver’s License, Texas ID, U.S. Passport, U.S. Military ID or U.S. Permanent Resident Card
- Must provide proof of Citizenship or legal residency for all household members – U.S. Passport, U.S. Birth Certificate, U.S. Permanent Resident Card. ***If at least 1 member of the household is a US Citizen or Legal Permanent Resident assistance may still be provided.
- Must provide proof of income for the past 30 days for all household members 18 years of age and older – such as employer gross wages, Social Security, Unemployment, TANF, Child Support, Adoption Subsidies, Retirement, V.A. Disability, etc.)
- Additional documentation will be required at the time of the appointment.